Thursday, November 4, 2010

Luminaire Prototype

We are to create a luminaire that demonstrates the light phenomenon that each of us witnessed earlier in the semester, and we are currently in the beginning phases of designing and developing them.  My idea is to create a hanging light using a semi-sheer frosted material, perhaps mylar, and a luminescent film on the inside that I will cut into ribbon-like strips and form them around my light source.  My light phenomenon was a sunset and I am hoping to create a light effect that reflects the many colors that lit up the sky.  I have currently developed a prototype using white poster board that reflects my design idea as seen in the pictures below. I am now currently testing numerous materials to see which ones will emit the light effect I have imagined.  It is definitely a work in progress, but I am quite excited to see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment